Last modified: May 17, 2017
b. This Policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access and use this website, including, without limitation, the data, text, reports, templates, forms, agreements and other materials, features and functionality that are made available or enabled via this website, located at www.calcounselgroup.com (collectively, this “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing such information.
c. This Policy applies to information we collect: (i) on this Website; (ii) in e-mail, chat, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website; (iii) as applicable, through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and (iv) as applicable, when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
d. This Policy does not apply to information collected by: (i) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by California Counsel Group or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or (ii) any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on this Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 13. This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 years of age may provide any information to or on this Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, then do not use or provide any information to or on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on this Website, make any purchases through this Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name that you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, then we will delete such information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, then please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
a. We collect several types of information from and about users of this Website, including information: (i) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); (ii) that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or (iii) about your internet connection, the equipment that you use to access this Website and usage details.
b. We collect this information: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically as you navigate through the site – information collected automatically may include, among other things, usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and (iii) from third parties, such as, for example, our business partners.
4. Information You Provide to Us. The information that we collect on or through this Website may include: (a) information that you provide by filling in forms on this Website, including, as applicable, information provided at the time of registering to use this Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services; (b) information that you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with this Website; (c) records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; (d) our responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; (e) details of transactions that you carry out through this Website and of the fulfillment of your orders, as applicable, including financial information that you provide before placing an order through this Website; and (f) your search queries on this Website. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of this Website, or transmitted to other users of this Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of this Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
5. Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
a. As you navigate through and interact with this Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits to this Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on this Website; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
b. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (i.e., behavioral tracking). Contact us for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
c. The information that we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: (i) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (ii) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests; (iii) speed up your searches; and (iv) recognize you when you return to this Website.
d. The technologies that we use for this automatic data collection may include, among other technologies:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of this Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on this Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of this Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit California Counsel Group, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
b. We do not control these third-party tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, then you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
7. How We Use Your Information.
a. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: (i) to present this Website and its contents to you; (ii) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us; (iii) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (iv) to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices; (v) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; (vi) to notify you about changes to this Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it; (vii) to allow you to participate in interactive features on this Website; (viii) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and (ix) for any other purpose with your consent. We also may use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, then please contact us. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We may use the information that we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, then the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
b. We may create anonymous data records from your personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns, so that we may enhance the content of, and improve navigation on, this Website. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties wihout prior notice and in our sole discretion.
8. Disclosure of Your Information.
a. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We also may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy: (i) to our subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) to contractors, service providers and other third parties that we use to support our business; (iii) to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of California Counsel Group’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by California Counsel Group about this Website’s users is among the assets transferred; (iv) to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures; (v) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; (vi) for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; (vii) with your consent; and (viii) in connection with any legal investigation or to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on California Counsel Group.
9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
b. Promotional Offers from California Counsel Group. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or contact information used by California Counsel Group to promote our own or third-party products or services, then you can opt-out by contacting California Counsel Group. If we have sent to you a promotional e-mail, then you may send to us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to California Counsel Group as a result of a product or service purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
c. Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us in order to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, then you can opt-out by sending to us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Third Party Websites. We do not control the collection or use of your information by third parties to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. This Website may contain links to third party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave this Website and go to another site, and another entity may collect personal information or anonymous data from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of your personal information after you click on links to such outside websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website that you visit. The links to third-party websites or locations are for your convenience only and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
11. Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You may send to us an e-mail at email@example.com in order to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe that the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
12. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of this Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 949 W. Hawthorn Street, Suite 11, San Diego, CA 92101.
13. Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given to you (or where you have chosen) a link, username or password for access to certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping such link, username and password confidential and secure. We ask you not to share your link, username or password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of this Website. The information that you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of this Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or by this Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
15. Contact Information. To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
949 W. Hawthorn Street, Suite 11
San Diego, CA 92101