5 Great Reasons to Start Your Own Business
Are you ready to start your own business? You probably have heard about how difficult it can be to start your own company, with all of the related risks and startup challenges. But, there also are many positives when you start and grow your own business.
Below I share 5 great things that I have experienced as an entrepreneur since I started my company back in 2007. I hope that they resonate with you and what you experience as you start and build your own company.
1. Do It Your Own Way
- Put your own business ideas in motion—test, adjust and continue working to make them successful.
- In my case, I really have enjoyed the freedom and flexibility that has come with planning, starting and executing on my business ideas. I believed back then (and still do) that there was a better way to help entrepreneurs start, fund and grow companies. For me, it has been a very satisfying process to implement my business ideas over time.
- If you believe you have a new product or service with a good market opportunity, then step forward and go for it—do it your own way.
2. Build It
- There is a big difference between being part of a large company and starting and growing your own business.
- What will be your life’s work when you look back at what you did professionally? For me, a big moment was stepping out of a large corporate environment and starting my own company that focuses on helping other entrepreneurs start and build their companies.
- It is an important question to ask yourself: How will you feel if you never take the chance to start your own business?
3. Get Creative
- It is true that you will wear many hats (sometimes too many hats) as an entrepreneur.
- With the multitasking comes many opportunities for creativity—how you get everything done, the people you work with, the marketing plans you design and implement, the new innovative technologies that you use, how you uniquely work with customers, etc.
- As the owner of a startup or small business, there will be many times when you will need to be creative. It can be challenging at times, but it is extremely rewarding when your creativity enhances your business.
4. Reach for the Upside Potential
- As a small business owner, your success depends on you.
- Your ideas, decisions, execution, adaptability, etc. are what will mold your business and determine its success. For me, it was very motivating and liberating not to have the big company constraints holding me back from reaching for that upside potential.
- As an entrepreneur, there are many ways and opportunities to be successful, and in some cases very successful with your own startup company.
5. Live with No Regrets
- Don’t live with the regret of “what if.”
- Early on, I wanted to strike out on my own and have my own business. I knew that I would not be satisfied working in a large corporate environment with its defined structure, politics and other limiting factors.
- A very powerful thought for me was: “how will I feel if I don’t start my own business now and how much will I regret not taking the chance when I look back 20 years from now?”
What motivations do you have for starting your own business? What fears are stopping you from taking the leap? And how might you feel in the future if you never take the leap to start your own business?
Let us know in the comment box below!